Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fu Yu Ong Choi, Mabo Tofu, Mushu Pork

The previous post was a belated one. A result of me... procrastinating for the duration of the week. Here's another episode of ... what does Jenny eat?

Fu Yu Ong Choi (Water Spinach with Fermented Bean Curd)

Top: Mabo Tofu
Bottom: Mushu Pork

I want to make a little comment about the Mushu pork though. I didn't have Mok Yee (Black Wood Fungus) so I tried substituting in mushrooms. A little weird but close enough?? (As in they're both fungus) I'll post up the recipe for this one:

Mushu Pork
  • 1/2 head of cabbage
  • 2 oz Pork, thinly sliced
  • Black wood fungus (mok yi)
  • 2 eggs
  • Ginger root

  • Oyster Sauce
  • Soy Sauce
  • Lao Chau (Mushroom Soy Sauce)
  • Brown sugar
  • Sesame oil
  • Tapioca Starch (just a little for a slightly thicker sauce)
Some brief instructions?
Make sauce. Just use your imagination as to how much of each to add. Overall sauce should not exceed 1/4 cup.
Scramble the egg first. Fry the pork. Set aside. Cook fungus according to directions. Oil the wok and brown the ginger a little. Then throw the cabbage into the wok with the sauce and cook. When it's almost done, put everything in and give it a good toss before serving. Based off of my memory of my dad's mushu pork. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment