Monday, December 14, 2009

Gingerbread Cookies

I'm finally back home! It's going to feel so strange being away from my apartment for three weeks. I thought I would make butternut squash soup when I get back to LA but I left my butternut squash and spice rack back in San Diego. Bummer. There's so much that I want to make this winter break-- I'm so excited for that! I'm planning to set up the Christmas tree and lights tonight; hooray for holiday festivities! I'm going to make the most of my three weeks back home and end 2009 with a ..."!" (bang!) Fall quarter's over so everything else will just be "fun, fun, fun!"

First thing I did when I got back was hang out with Illa and make gingerbread cookies. Illa did help spread the frosting... sort of. Then we went to Yogurt Land and saw Natalie there and I stole a Tokidoki spoon. :D Gingerbread cookies turned out great! So soft and chewy and GOOD!

Pictures might come later when I make a new batch :)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 cups unbleached flour

No comments:

Post a Comment