* PS: No SLR with me right now. Just using a regular Canon Powershot.
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the water to around 110 degrees (I use my finger to test the temperature-- just make sure it's warm but not hot enough to burn your skin) and proof the yeast if it is active dry. If it is "rapid rise" you may skip the proofing step and add yeast directly to dry ingredients.
- The process is the same as usual: knead the dough, proof the dough, flatten and roll out into flat circle. (See dough-kneading process)
- Sprinkle some Italian seasoning onto the dough. Roll sides out thinly and add a border of mozzarella cheese. Then fold the dough over the cheese and pinch down.
- Spread out pizza sauce OR avocado pesto. Then add other ingredients and brush crust lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 avocado, mashed into paste
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 pizza crust
- Avocado pesto
- 1 handful of coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tomato, thinly sliced or cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup bacon bits/ sausage bits/ pepperoni bits
* Note: avocado will turn brown without acid, so drizzle about 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice on sliced avocado.