Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back to the Basics: Scalloped Potatoes

I love eating fancy but sometimes we all need something good and simple-- like scalloped potatoes! This wonder is nothing more than thinly sliced potatoes and a delicious white sauce. To make the the white sauce, saute chopped onions in butter, add equal parts flour for a blond roux, and milk-- a familar technique used for many French/Italian recipes :) (like Alfredo, spinach-artichoke dip, chowder, cream soups, and so much more!)

Layer the potatoes and the sauce in a casserole dish and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour or until the top becomes golden brown. Take it out, let it cool, and enjoy!

Meanwhile, my mom's got a new blog! And it's awesome cause I made it for her! Hehe! Check it out! Plugs to my mommy!

BTW! I took this picture when she came down to San Diego to visit me! This is Black's beach along La Jolla shores, a 5 minute walk from campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment