Friday, July 2, 2010

Shucking Oysters

So here's the question: how many oysters would Chuck shuck if Chuck could shuck oysters? I bet he could shuck lots of 'em. Today I went seafood shopping and saw some great stuff. Dungeness crab for 3.99/lb, small/large abalone (bao yu) for 3.79 ~ 27.99 each, and some live oysters for 0.69 each. I thought, wouldn't it be nice if I could have half a dozen oysters tonight served on half a shell with some lime? A delicious thought indeed. So I picked out the fattest looking oysters but didn't have the strength to pry them open-- so I let my mom shuck 'em. She's the man. Tehehe :)

Oysters tonight! Shuck 'em open, serve them on half a shell with some lime, and slurrrrp them. Nom nom! Nothing like the freshness of the ocean, and the sweet taste of fresh seafood! Two thumbs up! I'd give more if I had extra thumbs anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment