Sunday, October 25, 2009

Those Cakes Are Poppin'

Red Velvet cake pops! Ever since Alison showed me Bakerella I haven't been able to get my eyes off those sexy looking cake pops. Bakerella makes it look at lot easier than it really is. She does. I had no idea dipping cake balls was so messy. The crumbs turned the melted candy pink =\ Maybe I am just noob at it. But it was fun and definitely cool! I used red velvet cake mix this time. Hooray for mixes! I like red velvet because it's not overly sweet like other mixes. Used white almond bark to dip. Basically just melted the candy and rolled the balls around. I tried taking pictures of every step this time! (No studio lighting but who cares :\) So here's sort of how I made the pops:

1. Made cake according to box instructions. Let it cool and then crumbled the cake into a bowl. Threw in some whipped cream cheese frosting.
2. Mix, mix, mix well until its mold-able!
3. Dip in melted almond bark
4. Stick in the pop sticks and let em cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment