I know, I know. It's not the best looking omlette, but it tasted pretty good and that's all that matters. I'll make a more visually appealing version next time. I promise.
Recipes are always in small portions. Makes 2 servings.
- 1 cup rice (measured before it is steamed)
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 shake of crushed basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- pulp of 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- CHOPPED SPAM!
- Oil in pan. When it's hot, add garlic and onion. Sweat onions until translucent.
- Mix tomato pulp and ketchup together and add that to pan. Add basil.
- Add mushrooms, green onion, and toss in the rice. When the mushrooms are done remove rice from pan and set aside.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup half n half, milk, or water.
- Beat eggs and cream together. Heat pan to medium heat (I used med-high but it was too much for me) Stir very quickly when it's still liquid to cook the egg evenly.
- Add rice. Fold up both sides so that the flaps are still 1.5" away from each other. Carefully slide omlette to the edge of pan and roll it onto the plate.
Garnish with a salad and maybe some cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
No greens. I just microwaved that and it was good to go. Too lazy to even turn on the stove.