And as a side note, strawberries were on sale everywhere yesterday! I thought they were already out of season, but I guess not? I happily bought two boxes of ripe strawberries, one of which was made into strawberry jam last night; the other, used to top my Tiramisu, as shown on the right :)
- 250 grams Mascarpone cheese (9 oz)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Marsala wine or Brandy
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup dark, strongly brewed coffee or expresso, chilled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- Ladyfingers/Savoiardi biscuits, crunchy
- Bar of frozen, bittersweet chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Have two bowls ready. In one bowl scrape out Mascarpone cheese from its container and set aside, to soften.
- In other bowl combine cream and confectioner's sugar together, whisk until thick but does not form peaks. (do not overwhip)
- In Mascarpone bowl, add vanilla extract and wine. Mix well.
- Then add the 1/2 cup of coffee, in thirds, incorporating slowly.
- Next fold the Mascarpone into the cream using a rubber spatula. Don't worry if mixture appears to be watery, it will set within minutes in the refrigerator .
- The 1/4 cup of coffee should be poured into a shallow bowl for dipping. Dip the Ladyfingers/biscuits very quickly in the coffee.
- Layer on the bottom, cream, layer, cream, chocolate shavings then cocoa powder. Refrigerate for > 20 minutes. Done.